3rd Traumaplatform Challenge “Ski for Science" & Symposium "Extreme Extremities"
Davos, Switzerland, March 9-12 2018
Team Traumaplatform organizes another epic event in March 2018. This time we will team up with the AO Foundation for a unique course and we will challenge ourselves by surviving 42 km cross country skiing during the Engadin Skimarathon. Our common goals: to improve collaboration between different trauma care specialties, to provide the very best care in Orthopaedic Trauma & Reconstructive Surgery for our patients and to raise funds for research in this field.
The kick-off of this third Challenge (after the successful “Skate for Science” in 2015 and "Ride for Research" in 2016) will be on Friday the 9th of March 2018, when we depart Schiphol Airport to Zurich by plane. Interested? Join our team of 100 enthusiastic Registrars, Surgeons and Fellows in Orthopaedic, Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery!
After arrival in Zurich, the infamous travelling Traumaplatform symposium will start. Saturday will be an inspiring and interactive course organized in collaboration with the AO Foundation. 10 internationally renowned speakers will present their difficult cases and personal tips & tricks during an interactive meeting where 10 teams will each discuss and solve different issues that can be encountered during fracture care. Saturday evening will be all about loading carbs to get us in optimal physical condition for race day! On Sunday, very early in the morning, we will head towards the Engadin Skimarathon (http://www.engadin-skimarathon.ch/en/). The same 10 teams will go head to head to compete for the Traumaplatform Trophy of 2018. Team spirit, strength and endurance will be key elements for this day. On Sunday night we will celebrate our achievements! Monday morning is free for skiing or other activities and we will arrive safe and sound on Schiphol airport on Monday afternoon.
As a participant you are also invited to contribute to the Scientific Program with thought-provoking talks. More information will follow soon.
For all three specializations (Orthopaedic Surgery, Trauma Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery), accredition has been applied for.
Are you up for it? Join Team Traumaplatform on our next endeavour.
Thank you on behalf of Team Traumaplatform!
- Staff / Chef de clinique / Fellow: € 950
- AIOS / ANIOS / Researcher: €850
- Corporate fee: Please contact Wouter Mallee by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
* This Course Package will be subject to reimbursement for Registrars out of their Training Funds, and is tax-deductible for attendings.
* Due to reservation of airline tickets/hotels/etc, cancellation of registration is subjective to cancellation fee: 25% prior to 1st of december 2018. After this date, cancellation is not possible.
- + Return ticket Schiphol airport - Zurich from March 9 - 12 2018
- + Transfers Zurich - Davos
- + Dinner on Friday, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday and Sunday, Breakfast on Monday
- + Travelling Traumaplatform Symposium
- + Traumaplatform & AO Foundation Course on Saturday
- + Participation Fee Engadin Skimarathon
- + Ski rental
What do I have to organize by myself?
Registration for this event, a travel insurance and a proper physical condition!
Questions? Send an Email to: email@example.com